dinsdag 19 juni 2007

Amsterdam - 6/16/07



Above is the view of the canal district from our hotel in Utrecht. While this has nothing to do with my trip to Amsterdam, I wanted to throw that picture in. After a very late start on Saturday, a few of us meandered to the train station to check out Amsterdam. I am impressed with the TV they had in the train station and have decided that it will be a suitable graduation present (hi parents.)



Dark grey clouds greeted us in Amsterdam upon our arrival. After wandering around aimlessly for a couple hours we got caught in a downpour right around this church.



Due to the rain we were forced to duck into a nearby Indonesian restaraunt. After about 90 minutes the rain finally let up, which let us head to the Anne Frank House. The building itself was nothing remarkable architectural wise, but the church next door was quite remarkable.



While I am disappointed that I did not get to go to more museums on Saturday, I'll be back in Amsterdam this weekend so I'm hoping to add some more pictures. Later today I'll be throwing up pictures from my trip to the Hague yesterday.

Geen opmerkingen: