maandag 9 juli 2007

Segovia - 7/7/07



Leaving from the Atocha train station at noon, we took a two hour train trip up to the town of Segovia. Naturally, since we had fled to Spain to escape the rain, it started to pour the second we stepped off the train. We first walked on down to the Cathedral in the town center. While it looked cool - I say it had nothing on St. Bavo's in Harlaam.



From there we went to the coolest castle I've ever seen. Actually it's probably the only real castle I've ever seen.





Here's a neat shot of Segovia from the top of the Castle Tower.



The city wall seen in this shot surrounds the entire old town. I think this town would make a great backdrop for a car chase.



I then had the best hot chocolate I've ever had. Sitting beneath the remains of the Roman Aqueduct, I had churros with my hot chocolate. Quite scrumptious.





We then took the train back to Madrid for the night. Tomorrow I'll post the pics from Madrid on Sunday, but since I haven't really slept since Saturday night I'm off to pass out!

Geen opmerkingen: